Our stePs aRe orDered bY GOD..liFe iS foR liviNg noT exiSting
Popular posts from this blog
Motherhood
Motherhood is strange. So so strange. People describe it as amazing and tiring and rewarding and all of that and it is true. But today it dawns on me as strange; a mystery. That once this little being is born you somehow give your everything to it. Even when your flesh cries for more sleep and to do “your own thing” and to not have to feed so soon again, you do. Something inside responds to that helpless babe’s cry and desperately wants to soothe it. Then when soothed, thoug h sleep deprived you can’t help but take another minute to enjoy that sweet face and know she is yours and yours forever. The dance (sometimes literally when you are finding the best way to rock her to sleep, or at other times going – is it hungry or nappy or wind or), the figuring her out, the watching her grow, the frustration, love, heartache, joy and learning has only just begun. She teaches you to pray, to sing, to stretch yourself and try new things. Motherhood; it is a mystery, a wonderful mystery. ...
Back to Basics: Watercolour pencils
I used to love art classes in school. They were one class I was better at. I even did art during computer class – by drawing random things using Paint (oops). Once, our teacher asked us to buy watercolour pencils for class. My parents brought me to Popular store, and I picked out the 32 set Faber Castell tin watercolour pencils and begged my mum to get it. My dad was like, so expensive!! And my mum was like, shh let's just get it. Hurhur. So I got it :D It was only later than I realised the tin set was way more expensive than the ones in cardboard boxes. But OH WELL. I GOT IT. And I was proud to own it. And I have no idea where it is today ha ha (well, it's now about 15 years later). The other day I was in Popular store again in Singapore, and chanced upon Faber Castells. I bought the 24 pack (not the tin one hurhur) to play with. Googled for basic watercolour pencil lessons and followed this one here . Pardon the light – I did it at night with my lamp for better lighting...
Comments