Desktop+Purity




I have another nice desktop! ah. ha. ha. I copied it off somewhere so I claim no credit for it. I just traced the image and changed the proportions so it'd fit my desktop nicely.

Yesterday I blogged, asking what purity is. Hm. I uh, am not very hardworking so I'm not going to type a whole long chunk. But here is something I got off somewhere else.

Perfect Timing
by Tim Stafford from the book Worth The Wait

There’s a right way and a wrong way to get something done. A lot of it has to do with timing. If you go off the high dive with your timing slightly off, you’ll still end up in the water. But, you won’t get there with maximum smoothness and beauty.

There’s an inherent rightness in waiting for the wedding day. It’s the rightness of timing. You go all the way with your body on that special day when you go all the way with your mind and with your heart. You say “I do” and full freedom of the dream begins. It’s not the only way to get into the dream, but it’s the surest, the smoothest and the most beautiful.

The media have flooded us with a distorted picture of what’s beautiful; beautiful bodies, clever speech; impetuous, erotic romance. “Tonight’s the night,” the advertisements say. They don’t worry about tomorrow.

But what is truly beautiful is the whole dream- a lifelong love between two people bonded to each other until death. A love that grows and deepens day by day and year by year. A love that brings fulfillment, where sexual needs are met without fear or guilt. A love that’s secure and lasts a lifetime. That beauty begins with the growth of a couple’s emotional love—a love that wants only the best for each other. And though this may grow into a desire for physical intimacy, they choose to wait, to remain inexperienced until they are sure— sure they have chosen the best person to be their partner for life.

When you love someone, only the best will do. Waiting for the wedding day is the best.


-


Purity isn't something you do. It's something you are. It isn't just about being physically pure. There's the part about keeping thoughts pure too, for example.

Romans 12:2 (NIV)
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..."

Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things."

2 Timothy 2:22 (NIV)
"Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

Psalm 119:8-10 (NIV)
" I will obey your decrees; do not utterly forsake me.
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands."

God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance