another email :)

A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained
that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday.
"I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard
something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a
single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the preachers are
wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor"
column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until
someone wrote this CLINCHER:

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some
32,000 meals. But for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a
single one of those meals. But I do know this: They all nourished me and
gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me
these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone
to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"

"When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something!
Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the
impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!!!"

"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you get that
for me?




and another...


There was a man who took his two sons on a train ride. He sat at a corner while his sons ran up and down the train, making a lot of noises. They were playing with each other, hiding, laughing and running about. There was this angry passenger who has been watching the scene for awhile but could not endure the sight any longer. She felt so annoyed with these boys' dad because he did not do anything about his sons.

So she finally went up to him and said, "Mr, don't you know your children are making a lot of noises, running up and down the train disturbing the other passengers? Why are you not doing anything about it? They need to be disciplined!"
The man turned his face slowly towards the angry passenger and said softly to her, " Madam, what do you want me to do? The boys had just lost their mother this morning." Feeling a sense of remorse, the angry passenger went back to her seat silently.

I like this story because it remind us all in our human nature, we are often so quick to judge and pass remarks about others. May we learn to, "Seek to understand, then to be understood".


something nice i got from denise's blog (online diary? :) )
[click]

The Completely Pointless Personality Quiz
The Completely Pointless Personality Quiz




yay! 20/7 tmr


leader
The Leader: You are a born leader. You help others
and are generally nice. You can sometimes
appear a tad bossy at times, but we still love
you ;) Because every group needs some type of
authority figure ;)


What do you add to the Group? (Images!)
brought to you by Quizilla



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance