some stuff from the book "don't waste your life" by john piper ...

talking about glorifying God. we want to magnify him. 2 ways of magnifying.
magnifying like a microscope : make smtg tiny look bigger than it is
magnifying like a telescope : make smtg unimaginably great look like what it really is. Magnifying God like that is worship.

"we do not use the word "cool" to describe true greatness. it's a small word. it's cheap. and that's what millions of young people live for." (uh huh)





i can't find my worship notes from "enter the worship circle" on my yellow pieces of paper :/
where are you, notes?

one day one day one day oneday onedayone dayone dayoneday onedayonedayonedayone dayonedayonedaymyoneday.




you know, just now, i was reading in the room of mom's salon. then this song played on 90.5FM - the Lord's prayer, to the tune of auld la? syne. it was like a march. and i just had to stand up tall and straight on the chair and look out the window, upwars, in respect. i sung it like it was a pledge, my right arm across my chest, hands clenched. proud.

our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name


ok it's not a pledge. it's a prayer. but anyway,

:)







When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean living."
I'm whispering "I was lost,"
Now I'm found and forgiven.

When I say..."I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need CHRIST to be my guide.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
and need HIS strength to carry on.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
but,God believes I am worth it.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I still feel the sting of pain,
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner
who received God's grace somehow

by i-don't-know-who. taken from poksblog, pokx :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance