2006 to 2007.


Hello! It's time to reflect about the year! Okay I wrote stuff in my personal diary, but here's some stuff I'd like to share. This didn't come about because I was sitting down and thinking, oh. What shall 2007 be about, and all that. Rather, I was just thinking a lot about YM and ministry, and this all came to me. So, here's sharing a bit with you all.


-


It's been a good year, I'd say. And now, wow, more responsibility. "With great power comes great reponsibility." said Spiderman's uncle. And well, power comes in the form of knowledge as well.


For me, 2006's theme was to arise. And well, arise in some areas, I did. I believe 2007's theme is...to set an example.


"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young,
but set an example for the believers,
in speech, in life, in love and in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)



You know, I used to think a new year, resolutions etc weren't necessary. After all, they're just measurements of time, aren't they? But well, I dunno. After 2006 sort of having a theme to it, and God showing me something for 2007, I guess each new year has more significance to me now. It's God's another opportunity sort of thing to use me in another way, to do a new work in me I guess. Some of you might have noticed the verse my emails end with,


"As for me, I am in Your hands;
do with me whatever You think is good and right." (Jeremiah 26:14)



I pray you let Him use you too.


Life isn't the easiest journey (don't we all know). Though well, I have to say that I have a lot of things good– great family and friends and home and all that. Still, there's more to life than just that :) And like my friend said, being a Christian is easy, but church is hard, sometimes. Still, God is good. And while thinking and near being overwhelmed, I was reminded of this–


"Do not be anxious about anything. But in everything,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God which transcends all understanding
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)



And you know, when things get complicated and funny and blah blah, and sometimes when I get confused by the so many voices around (No, I'm not crazy and hearing random voices. I mean the voice of people. And well, the voice of God as well), I must remember to be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10).


You too :)


love, hui.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance