Passion and Purity


Passion and Purity
Elisabeth Elliot

"What do women want today? What do men want? I mean, deep down. What do they really want? If “times” have changed, have human longings changed, too? How about principles? Have Christian principles changed?

I say no to the last three questions, an emphatic no. I am convinced that the human heart hungers for constancy. In forfeiting the sanctity of sex by casual, nondiscriminatory “making out” and “sleeping around,” we forfeit something we cannot well do without. There is dullness, monotony, sheer boredom in all of life when virginity and purity are no longer protected and prized. By trying to grab fulfillment everywhere, we find it nowhere.”


-


Hello folks, I've posted excerpts from this book before, but here are more. I shall be posting a few more. Some posts won't refer to relationships in an obvious way, but it basically is about relationships. Elisabeth Elliot uses her story with Jim Elliot as the base for this book. It can apply to other areas of life too.

I think relationships is a good thing to talk about because well, we often don't talk about such things. But they are actually really so important.


-


I figure I shall have to stop putting notes just with pen on paper (in my standard Muji notebook), but on the laptop as well where it can be better organised. If not, I shall have a hard time finding my way through when the notes all pile up.


Anybody have "The Journals of Jim Elliot"? I want to read!


I got into Monash (Clayton campus) and RMIT, thank God. I think the path is quite clear. Now - to settle accomodation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance