Wisdom teeth, Boasting in the Lord, Conviction:Randomness


Today, I present randomness (what's new).

-

I am going to get the stitches in my mouth removed! (Extracted a wisdom tooth earlier.) I can eat anything you know. Just that I have to eat slowly. Not bad right - my friend ate porridge for a week. I've been eating grapes - instead of popping them in, I stuff them in my mouth. Since I can't open my mouth wide enough.

-

I have a Paul Frank theme for my phone!

Oh yea, it's a new phone!

But it has a lousy 18MB! So I am going to get a memory card for it.

But anyway. It is a nice phone.

-

Mac people hurry call me I want my mac back from the hospeetaal.

I like my mac a lot.

I know you like yours too!

-

Today, someone I respect told me (in a positive way) that I am who I am because of Christ in me. And I blog this, to boast in Christ. Because I am what I am, only because of His grace. And I am very thankful to God, most honestly. Sometimes when I say these “God things”, I feel like I’m being too spiritual or whatever. But the fact is, this is the truth. And I cannot be ashamed of the truth.

-

A quote from Professor Thio Li-Ann’s article in The Straits Times today, “What should we not tolerate? “Tolerance” must not become the refuge of a person without convictions.”

I want to live a life of conviction. For everything I say or do, I have a reason behind it. I am convicted.

On a side note – Prof Thio Li-Ann writes beautifully. Really. But sometimes too chim-ly for me. Haha. I read, “Life beyond the ivory tower requires greater epidermal intensity” and went, er, huh? Haha. I should make effort to improve my English!

-

Let me tell you a bit about myself.

When I smile at a friend and the friend smiles back, that's nice.

When I smile at a stranger and the stranger gives a genuine smile back, I am surprised.

When I smile at a stranger and the stranger doesn't smile back, I smile even wider after passing the person. Somehow, it just amuses me.

See, I'm weird. Yay.

:D

-

In Exodus, it is recorded that Moses fled out of fear after killing an Egyptian. However, Hebrews 11:27 records "By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible".

God's perspective is different from man's. He knows us better than we know ourselves - which is weird, yet comforting and assuring, because sometimes I feel I don't know myself all that well. So thank God for that.

-

Kthxbai is like a fullstop kthxbai

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance