Fight for joy

The life you've always wanted
John Ortberg

(In the Bible, Nehemiah states that the joy of the Lord is our strength.)

Joy is strength. Its absence will create weakness... You can become a joyful person. With God’s help, it really is possible. The biblical writers would not command it if it were not so, But joyfulness is a learned skill. You must take responsibility for your joy. … For some of us, this does not come easily. You may be joy-impaired. You will have to fight for it. But it can be done.



-



It's true, you know. I didn't use to be so optimistic. But one day I decided I had to try to be optimistic cos it'd be good for me. So there was a period where every time I thought something negatively, I would sort of scold myself in my head and turn the thought around. Thinking positively is quite a natural thing for me now. I think you should try it too :)



-



I am so LAZY!

I should wake up earlier.

I think 8 hours of sleep is too much for me ha ha.

Eric and Jeremy left last night.





Hi Eric it looks nicer when you look at it from further away - both the front and the back. I really didn't intend to draw that much. But anyway.

Andrea is back. But she's going soon.

Eugene will go too.

Bardee leaves today.

Ida and Val are here, and going off in Feb, like me.

Abi's already left.

Wow. All the comings and goings.

Okay I am going to Ikea in a while.

I have no idea why Ikea. But well, Ikea is a nice place to be at, and 855 will take me straight home.



-



Hi YM Ushers, new shirt design. Tell Matt/me what you think! If you're okay with it, we can hurry hurry print! You can suggest colour changes too. But please, not black :/







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance