Beginnings at Melbourne

Hello! I shall blog (more for my family, though actually I email them more details) and try to upload more pictures - have to remember to bring my camera out. So here goes...


This is my house! Okay well, the plan of my house. Okay actually, the house I live in. The proportions are wrong. It's not very easy to draw cos one, I haven't actually walked round the whole house and two, there are many parts to the house haha.





I have my own shelf in the pantry, and I have a shelf in the fridge and freezer too. I've had four free meals. haha. I guess cos I'm new here so Aunty Lucia (landlady) just cooks extra for me too. I feel quite pai seh though :P The room beside mine is an empty guest room. The room opposite mine belongs to Shirley, an Indonesian girl who will be back after the holidays, just before school starts. I've slept well the past two nights - just completely deep sleep. I guess I'm making up for the week before I came to Melbourne when I didn't get much sleep.


While corresponding with my landlord before I got to Melbourne, I asked if I could stick stuff with blutack on the walls. Haha. Because sticking little things do make a place more like home!











Aunt Lucia and Uncle Oliver (the couple renting me the place) are really nice. As in, really really really nice. Ponkleberry is their niece! They told me I can bring friends over to hang out - I didn't even ask them if I could! :D And they brought me shopping for necessities on my first evening here. Thank God I've got the internet up. I've got skype - my username is chinzjinghui.


I am not yet starved for books. My nightly Bible reading keeps me sufficiently happy. I brought my own notebooks and stationery for school though - I'm picky.


And Abi, I've got this stuck on a corner of my table :)))





I walked to school yesterday. It's pretty near so I save a lot of moolah on transport (moolah = money). It's about a 15 min walk, depending on which part of campus I have to go to. There's a campus centre which has all basic stuff I need like a mobile shop (I use Optus prepaid), Australian post and Commonwealth bank. Read the text I wrote (in the photo)!





School starts 25th Feb. Orientation starts 18th Feb.


Met my primary school friend, Rachel, yesterday. Thank God for friends! Her family migrated here 4 years ago. Along with her sisters and Yee Soon (PL lite studying in Monash Caufield campus), we went to um.. I can't remember the name, but basically it's the biggest shopping center in Clayton area. It's about the size of Ngee Ann City's shopping area I think - I'm not too sure. I'm about a 30 min drive from the city, so it's good that Clayton is quite a well-equipped suburb. Yes the shops generally close at 5 or 5.30. Thursdays and Fridays are late night shopping - close at 9pm. But I really don't think I'll get bored.


I have taken to introducing myself as Faith cos it's so much easier for people to remember. I still like "hui" but ohwells.


IDA STAYS REALLY CLOSE TO ME! Like, I think a 5 min walk away. AND WE ARE GOING OUT! Yay. BYE!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance