Sociology, home-going, a thought on teaching

I put up a countdown on my laptop dashboard but when I saw homecoming/going was 101 days away (unconfirmed), I decided it was too upsetting, and took it off. So I counted the weeks till I'd be back, and that wasn't too awesome too. So I shall stick to counting by the months!

I thought studying psychology would be too tough because it would challenge my beliefs and way of thinking quite a bit. Now I am studying sociology, and it is challenging me in that way. But well, all things can be used for good. I have many thoughts about my readings and think they make interesting material to develop thoughts about society and write about, aside from my necessary essays which get me lost when they are made up of all but one sentence such as "Discuss the influences of socio-economic status and gender on the views expressed by the children in the film 7 Up". But well, that other writing will come when I have time to invest.

I must practice thinking in full sentences. You know how sometimes you feel too lazy to think, and you just leave something hanging? Or, again, you're too lazy, and you think you know what you're going to be thinking about a particular something, so you decide to not think about it "in proper sentences", and that's not so good. Because thinking in full sentences is proper training for uni studies I guess, and many other things?

I am going for the Overseas Christian Fellowship (OCF) camp over the easter break! :)

All the above paragraphs start with "I".


-


A thought on teaching...

Mark 1:22 (NIV) - "The people were amazed at His teaching, because He taught them as one who had authority."

Jesus could teach with authority because

1. He knew the material.
2. He knew the material was true.
3. He was given the authority and power to teach it.

Also, I guess the people listened to Him because they could tell He taught with purpose and love? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance