Intimacy with Jesus

Hello! I know I've been blogging more regularly than usual. And I actually try not to "overblog". But, I've got something to share! So here.


--


On the train on the way to the city this afternoon, I thought a thought which lasted about a second.

And then I thought - I like to blog my thoughts sometimes, and through that people can get to know me a bit better. But of course for one, it is not possible because a person has a multitude of thoughts. And secondly, it wouldn't be wise, anyway.

And I realised that... only God can know me so intimately. The thought which lasted just a second... only God would have seen and fully known and understood that thought. As much as we can share thoughts with other people, you can only share every thought with Jesus.

We all yearn for intimacy. And the most intimate you can ever get, is with Jesus :)


--


Jesus gives supernatural strength!
And in His presence, there is fullness of joy (Psalm 16:11).


--


Picture this -

Slow motion.
Heartbeat. Like, just the cells.
I see redness in front -
resembling a jellyfish swimming (you know how they seem to gently pulsate?)
Around it, the galaxy surrounding.

It's a cropped picture.

And slow motion,
God breathes a breath -
it's the kind where you take a deep breath,
purse your lips,
and carefully and gently blow out through the small gap between your lips.
The air slowly whooshes out.
Life.
The red jellyfish-like thing representing the heartbeat, keeps pulsating.

Every beat, like that.

His breath sustains the beats;
every heartbeat.

He breathes life into me.
He breathes life into me.
He sustains me.

My heart could probably run on its own beat -
He made it such that it's possible that I could run without Him,
that my heart would still beat.

But it'd be a different running, a different beat.

It'd be tiring, it would not be beating right.

I want Your heartbeat, Jesus.
Breathe into me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance