Isaiah 60:1-3, Philippians 3:13-14, Pressing on

"Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.
See, the darkness covers the earth
and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the Lord rises upon you
and His glory appears over you.
Nations will come to your light,
and kings to the brightness of your dawn."
– Isaiah 60:1-3

-


You know how sometimes we think:
Am I not doing well enough?
Have I failed?
Am I doing things the wrong way?
Why have I not tried hard enough?

And we let ourselves be defeated.

But don't. After you ask yourself those questions,
it's time to then look up, and look ahead.
I cannot be defeated.
I may have failed, it may have been my fault.
(And yet sometimes we can be too harsh on ourselves)
But so what?
I can only ever do one thing -
press on.
"One thing I do:
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.
I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 3:13-14

--



My brother and I (bath time as kids).
I have the most awesome brother in the world :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance