Fitzroy Gardens with God

The usual Sunday ritual of taking a slow walk to Clayton station and going to the city where church is, by myself.

I enjoy it. It's sort of like my time alone with God. For everyone, whether with God or not, I suppose time away from everything and everyone, time alone, is good. It's also my reminder to slow down. Sometimes we walk quickly, do things quickly, for no reason. We just want to be quick. Hurry hurry hurry!

Here's Clayton train station.


Fitzroy Gardens is just beside Dallas Brook's Centre where church is held. We always walk pass it. I wonder how many people have actually explored the gardens! This Sunday, I decided to take the long way round Fitzroy Gardens, then maybe be ten minutes late for the prayer meeting. I took out my camera, and started snapping (I promised to make better use of my camera).



Very blue sky and very green grass.



And tall trees.



Soon, I was lost. It's not like the garden is that big. But it's not that small either. I couldn't see one end from the other. And I couldn't recognise the taller buildings I could see on the other end, and thus couldn't figure my way out. At first I thought - oh crap I'm going to be so late. Hurryhurryhurry. Then I figured - why not just take a slow walk and enjoy it? So I ended up anyhow-dedly walking. And I said - okay God, at least get me to church ten minutes before service starts!



Have got no idea where the Fairies Tree is. Maybe I walked past it but didn't notice. I shall find it another day. Another day where I factor in time to get lost, because I will get lost once I start snapping and not noticing where I'm going. Anyway. Being lost was not too bad a thing because I had fun in the end. The air was nicely cool. A thought -

If I have nothing but You, I have nothing to lose.
If I have everything but You, I have everything to lose.


So okay I'd rather have nothing but You!



While walking, this song, familiar to some of you, came to my mind:

I've got heaven on the inside of me
Peace and joy - God has set me free
Heaven is a reality
Abundant life flows out of me
I've got a smile on my face
A glide in my stride
I'm tasting His grace as I'm walking by faith
I've got heaven on the inside of me


I've been singing it for years. But that day, it became real to me. I suddenly really understood what the song was about, because I was experiencing it! I really had a smile on my face - I was walking by myself, but grinning, and had to try and suppress it when people walked by, lest they thought me mad! And I had a "glide in my stride" - Bryan (hello cellie!) once told me that I have the bad habit of sometimes injecting a skip in my step when I walk. I told him it's not a bad habit! It's because I'm happy! I really had peace, I really had joy. The past semester has also been a lot about receiving God's grace and walking by faith.

So yes I finally do really know this song now. It's an amazing feeling, you know - when your eyes are opened, and you actually, truly understand :)

I most probably sing many other songs that I think I understand, but don't really :P

Stay awesome, everybody!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance