His Plans

At first, I complained when I got shifted from a Monday tutorial I wanted, to a Tuesday one, because it meant I had to go to school on Mondays and Tuesdays for only an hour. I really wanted an extra day off!

But well, all things always work for good. Having a Tuesday instead of Monday tutorial means one, I get this lecturer instead of the other one. And this one is more passionate and you can really tell she wants her students to learn, so class is quite fun! Two, it forces me to wake up not-too-late because class is at 10am. And three, if I didn't have school on Tuesday, I'd be too lazy to go to school if I had to go to library or have a meeting. So seeing that I have no school on Wednesdays, I'd most probably delay things till Thursday. Which is not good.

So yes. I had plans, but they weren't the best. So they got changed somehow and well, they're all good now.


--


Sometimes, God takes us places we never dreamt of. You know the phrase "beyond your wildest dreams"?

If you can dream it, you can see it - you sort of know it's something possible, something still reachable, even if far. But thing is, God takes you beyond that - to places and things you can't even see! Whoa. He exceeds expectations. Life with God is never boring. But that happens when you've decided to let go, and trust Him.

I'm dreaming. And I know I'll get even more than what my finite mind could ever imagine.


--


Plans

Trying to do things my own way
Thinking I've got it all under control
Life mapped out
Couldn't be more perfect
But a rock gets in the way
Wedged between my plans and Yours
The wheels stop
And suddenly I don't know where to turn

The direction seems a bit different now
So what do I do
Try to push against the grain
Or give up my plans
And go Your way

So the battle goes on in my mind
Wanting to trust what my eye sees is possible
Relying
On what I think I can do
But I know that I am weak
And finally I figure that
There's none to lose
When I should choose to trust in You

The direction seems a bit different now
So what do I do
You no longer have to pry my fingers apart
I'm open to You

It hasn't been the easiest journey
But at least I am getting somewhere
Now there's a hope, there is a future
It's all in Your best plans
I'm letting go
Putting myself in sovereign hands

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance