Back in SG, YM Camp 08 King of Glory

Okays sorry I haven't been updating! For one, I can't find my home internet password, so I can't link up my laptop and hence I'm lazy to do anything other than what's "necessary". But okay I guess I should update (hi Lynette :D).

Um. Hm.

It's good that I'm back in Dec - when the weather is usually the least hot.

I've been busy :D

Just came back from Wesley's Youth Ministry Camp: King of Glory, which was really good! I thought I was going to be really free during camp since I've been away from YM for a while. But a few days before camp, I got roped in to sing for the worship sessions. And on the last day of camp I got roped in to sing for the Carols by Candlelight service tomorrow, and then I'm singing for my sister's wedding in early Jan. So that's quite some singing. Sing, sing, sing, and make music with the heavens, sings Chris Tomlin.

Anyways. So yea I didn't join my group very much but that's okay. Camp was fun :D On the last night, Adriel preached about the victory of the Cross, and at the end of it, the youths, all in bright red shirts, were kneeling before the Cross, realising what God had done out of His great love for them, and rededicating their lives to Him.

Seeing it from the raised up stage, it was a pretty cool sight man. 300 youths bowing before the Cross, before the King of Glory. And I thought of how from the day that YM was conceived and then planted seven years ago with the vision of Youths Transformed for Christ, God already planned and knew that this would happen. Very awesome (:

On another note (no pun intended), my keyboard skills have totally deteriorated. I need to practice :/

It was/is good being with friends back here in Singapore again! :) Even though some of us haven't talked for so long, when we're back together again, we can just talk and do silly things (especially when we go high) together. For example, Abi, Spacie and I. It used to be Abi and me who formed "HI". And now Spacie is an added fullstop. Ha ha ha :D



My SG cell group is "too old" for the youth ministry already, but about half of us were at camp! Serving (:



It's busy, busy. And I'm starting my internship with Focus on the Family (again!) on 5 Jan! Ah. Time, where did you go. Need to get back on track to set aside time, and do some OCF stuff in preparation for next year!

A verse that's been on my mind is Philippians 3:10-11:
I want to know Christ
and the power of His resurrection
and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings,
becoming like Him in his death,
and so, somehow,
to attain to the resurrection from the dead.


I like the word somehow. Everytime I don't know how something is going to be or happen or whatever, I just say - somehow. As in like, God-how - God will take care of it in His own way. Just do what you've got to do, keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and trust Him. And somehow, He makes all things beautiful in His time (Ecclesiastes 3).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance