Strength to be humble

Recently I was rude to my mother and felt rather crappy after that. I knew I had to apologise, somehow, even if just by sms. And I learnt (again) that being humble is not easy. To be humble, you require strength to admit your weaknesses and wrongs, and to acknowledge that others are better than you.

Many deem those who "give in" as negatively submissive and weak. However, it is the truly strong who are able to be humble.

Let us have the courage to admit that we can be wrong, and hence wisely make our relationships with each other the best that they can be. This includes our relationship with God. Because after all, if God asks that I be humble and I am not, then I cannot be at peace with Him, and my relationship with Him will not be as it should be. And that doesn't make life great because honestly, I'm not able to live life well when I'm at odds with God.

It is not easy to be humble. But His power gives us the strength to.



--


I come before You, no words left to say
Just in awe at Your presence
You are holy, Lord of all the earth
Yet You know me even deep within

How can I go by not moved by You
How can I walk on without Your light

Fill me once again with Your awesome life
A passion for Your Name that I've never known


--


I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection
and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings,
becoming like Him in His death.


(Philippians 3:10-11)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance