To find Him for myself

At my trip to Wesley's library this morning before service, I rediscovered George MacDonald who is, among other things, a fantasy author. He is one of the few whose writings you can describe as "delightful" - "delightful" in a tingly, childlike, gleeful, part dreamy way (whatever you make of that).

Anyway, while reading John Ortberg's Faith and Doubt, I came across this quote by George MacDonald - food for thought -

My business is not to prove to any other man
that there is a God, but to find him for myself.

My basic thoughts are about how in finding Him for ourselves, sometimes it involves proving Him to other men. And in proving Him to other men, perhaps it leads to finding Him for ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance