I will bring praise! 1 Chronicles 20.

You know, sometimes when I am stuck in something and need motivation/help, I don't encourage myself. Instead I go, "C'mon God, c'mon!" like I'm asking God to c'mon give me more strength and help me more, so go God, go! :D Heh. God is so funny la. I get a kick out of obeying Him.

Sometimes when something comes along the way to dim my joy and to push me back down, I remind myself - I will bring praise! No weapon formed against me shall prosper! God is STILL awesome and sovereign and above all and He does all things for my good! You can't get me, satan. Let's praise, praise, praise! God is good, ALL the time! Yes, I can and will still sing praise, and find God good.

I love 2 Chronicles 20 which tells of how when faced with battle, King Jehoshaphat proclaimed that we are not to be afraid or discouraged, because the battle is not ours but God's. He said, "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you". And then he and Jerusalem "fell down in worship before the Lord... As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men (and) the kingdom of Jehoshaphat was at peace, for his God had given him rest on every side". How awesome is that!

As Brooke Fraser sings,

I will bring praise, I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here


Whoohoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance