How come it is so difficult to give all of me?

Pardon my lack of updates, but after-exams sometimes are the busiest times. Partly pure fun - like meeting people and watching the IQ-lowering but very funny show, Top Secret, and the need-to-use-your-brains-a-bit-more one, The Big Bang Theory (Sheldon is the best!) - and partly "work" but still fun ones like meetings and pre-camp prep.

I actually have stuff to write about, thoughts to complete; but they shall have to wait. OCF Clayton's winter camp starts Friday, and I'll be going to Sydney the Monday after, mainly for the Hillsong conference. Don't know if I'll be posting anything here in the next two weeks or so!


--


Look to Me, look to Me
Keep your eyes fixed on Me
Trust in Me, trust in Me
Keep your hope firm in me
Then you'll find out who I am
Then you'll find out what I can
Then you'll know who you are in my hands
Then you'll know that my promise stands

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me


--
The very simplest things. But also the hardest. Yet also the very simplest.

God doesn't ask for much. He just asks for me. How come it is so difficult to give all of me?

Keep your eyes fixed on me




Love Beyond Reason
John Ortberg

The main place you do the work of God is as you go along. It doesn’t have to be in high-profile, important positions. It will happen, if it happens at all, in the routine, unspectacular corners of your life. As you go along.

This is your day. This is your opportunity to do the work of God. Don’t miss it. If you do, you don’t get it back. Night is coming. Don’t miss the day.

What is the work of God? It is simply to see what Jesus would see if he were looking through my eyes, and respond as he would response.

The religious leaders were blinded by their own spiritual sense of self-righteousness. This man is not from God, they said, for he does not observe the Sabbath…

They are so consumed with themselves that when God himself comes, they never notice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance