Worship + Up on Twitter

Last night I was singing, And You opened the door for me, and You laid down Your life to set me free... and oh I'm still doing this". Haha, no - the last phrase was not part of the song. What happened was, I realised what I was singing and, really - if He opened the door for me and laid down His life to set me free, then why did I just spend three hours drawing and facebooking? Not that those things are bad in themselves; but there is a time for everything, and there were other things I HAD to do then. But I was wasting time instead.

Goes to show you can't sing songs of worship without living a life of worship. And so I apologised. Sorry God! :P

--

Twitter is so popular and common nowadays, but no I have not been tempted to start an account, because I don't see the reason for it. I've only used my Facebook status less than five times, and usually for some sort of public announcement I have intentions for letting "the world" know. So why twit? Or tweet.

Well I've had this idea in my head to do some sort of thanksgiving thing on my blog for a while now but it didn't quite sit well. And today, bingo struck - why not use twitter? There are countless things to thank God for everyday. When people ask me how I am, I realise I often answer "good". Why? Because I really am good. Even if it is a "bad" day, I don't really think it's bad - I am still "good" because I know God is in control.

Today, some things I thanked God for were
.....• the weather - crazily windy but very comfortable temperature
.....• getting to my first class of semester two on time with no trouble
.....• awesome possum - I like my lecturer who's also my tutor!
.....• possibly my first real caucasian friend (not just classmate/aquaintance) here -_- haha

So with the help of twitter, I shall list a thanksgiving item each day. Maybe many a day if I can't decide which to pick, maybe I'll miss some days when I get busy (doesn't mean I had nothing to thank God for). So yes, haluo now tweets at overfluo (haluo was taken, btw).

Why thank? Some reasons from the Bible are -

"Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men" (Psalm 107:8) / "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6) / "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (Colossians 3:17) / "Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:17-19)

We can give thanks when we know that all we have in this life is by Him, through Him and for Him. It is not by my own effort but only by His grace, and it is not for nothing.

Less of me, more of You.

What will you thank God for today?


--
Note: Sydney trip update will come when I have more time to blog it proper!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance