Back in SG random facts of the day




wo hui lai liaooo!


Random facts of yesterday...

We went to the Casuarina prata place for breakfast. Two kosong with sugar for me. I remember when I was a kid, the chinese chicken rice stall aunty and indian prata uncle were quarreling over whether chinese or indians were better. While I was trailing after my mom, walking out after my meal, the chinese aunty asked me which was better. I guess she was expecting me to say, chinese, since I was one. I said, liang ke dou hao - both also good. Then the chinese aunty's mom who was sitting at the side said I was a good girl because I promoted peace. Hurhurhur.

Got my hair trimmed at Ma's salon. The salon was quite busy, so I offered to wash a friend's hair, since I used to help in my mom's salon after my O'levels when I was 16. After that, my mom let me do some root retouch (colouring) for someone else. So I smacked on the gloves, mixed the colour, and had some fun :D

My Santa Cruz Light Blue Crocs are not in production anymore. I am sad. Now I have to find new shoes. And that could possibly take two million years.

Found a store at Dhoby Gaut, Eskimo which sells Bubble Tea with extra small pearls! Quite fun to drink!

The upper floors of the relatively new Ion are absolutely boring, except for prologue, which is a bookshop. The upstairs' hosted the atas shops and there were hardly any people there. Then when you go to the basement levels, well, that's where all the commoners like me are!

The brother and I talked a lot and walked quite some \m/ Our feet hurt. But it's okay.

Ma, Wei and I went to Campus Crusade because it was having a sale - 30% off everything! I wasn't going to buy anything. But I bought three things in the end. Well, that's not too bad.

I found some old letters in a drawer and hehe they were fun to read.

There is close to nothing to eat in the Yishun home. So we stocked up a bit so I can do my own cooking sometimes. And, my parents make the effort to come home a bit more when their children are home (:

Yakult to vitagen here what yakult in Australia is to yakult in Singapore. Haha are you confused? Basically yakult in Australia is smaller than yakult in Singapore.


--


I didn't get the internship I applied for - they emailed to say interning for just a month will be too short for a well-rounded internship, and to apply again when I'm available for a longer period. But I'm alright with that - I was half-expecting it already.

There are other things I want to do in the next two and a half months. God, please help me be disciplined and use this time wisely. For one, I'm going to be doing a lot of reading - stuff for my honours thesis, and for growth in my walk with God/for OCF. Help me be good, God! I want to be a true worshipper (:


--


Today, through Wide-eyed wonderful world , a show on kids channel Okto, I learnt that there are many friendships in the wild! For example, the honey badger and honey bird work together for survival; the honey bird leads the honey badger to bees nests, and the fearless honey badger (listed as the world's fiercest animal in 2002's Guinness book of records) breaks the bees nest, gets some honey for itself, and leaves some for the honey bird. As the narrator said, they tell us about how wonderful the world is.

And yes indeed, it is quite cool to see how these things work together. God really thought of everything huh (:

And on Grossology today, something like, "brave fish - they've got guts, ahaha!" -_- ah ha haaa.

I finally got un-lazy to call singnet to sort out my wireless problems. It still can't work, but I shall be content with sitting in the living room with the cable plugged in in order to use the Internet. The whole house is pretty much mine anyway.


--


There were many more random thoughts-of-the-day, but I cannot quite recall them now. I hope you had a good day too (:

And two random and also important facts from the day before: One - I saw my second nephew via an ultrasound, and carried my first nephew; I think babies are strange. Yes, yes, I know I once was one. Two - I especially felt my Dad's love for me when he bought milk from the shop downstairs for me before coming home.


--


Take my life I lay it down
At the cross where I am found
All I have I give to You O God

Take my hands and make them clean
Keep my heart in purity
That I may walk in all You have for me

Oh here I stand arms open wide
Oh I am Yours and You are mine

Take my moments and my days
Let each breath that I take
Be ever only for You O God

My whole life is Yours, I give it all
Surrendered to Your name
And forever I will pray
Lord have Your way, have Your way

-Hillsong

Too many words to read? (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance