Getting ironed out



It's like ironing.

I was ironing, with my mind a bit blank, and sometimes just humming along to the songs playing on the laptop, and I asked God – teach me something through this ironing I'm doing. You're the God of everything. A lesson can be learnt from anything. So teach me something.

Then I continued singing in my head.

Awhile later, I began thinking about some things. And I thought - it's like ironing.

Creases (on the shirt)
put under heat (of the hot iron)
are smoothened.

Me
under trials (being smoothened)
becomes smooth.


--


Smooth (New Oxford American Dictionary)

adjective
1. having an even and regular surface or consistency;
free from perceptible projections, lumps, or indentations
2. without harshness or biterness

verb
give (something) a flat, regular appearance by running one's hand over it.

thesaurus
even, level, unwrinkled, polished


--


So it's okay.
I'm just getting smooth(ened).

And so are you!

We are getting more beautiful each day,
becoming more like our Jesus,
whom we must fix our eyes on, for He is the author and perfecter of our faith.

(:

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. -2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance