First, a God-pleaser

From The Vine today-
Isaiah writes, "… I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed" (Isaiah 50:7 NKJV). Make up your mind to let no one stand in the way of doing what God has called you to do. Your first calling is to please the Lord, not others.

("like a flint" = like a stone; hard and unyielding)

A few days ago I wrote-
I must get this straight: I am not a people-pleaser.
I am, instead, a God-pleaser, ie, a true worshipper.

It's not always easy, you know - to be a God-pleaser and not a people-pleaser. But when we see things in light of the bigger picture, when we know our priorities and set ourselves "like flint", determined, then it gets easier to choose what is necessary over what is, well, nice. And sometimes I have to tell myself - oh who cares what people say! So long as I know I'm doing what is right!

Who are you to judge (me)?
And who I am to judge (you)?

I am a God-pleaser. Well, I want to be (:


--




A recent journal entry-
I figured... I don't mind getting hurt and experiencing all those ugly feelings, if God knows it'll help me understand and sympathise with people better. So I can love them better; so I can minister more effectively.

Thank You Lord, that I just have to experience things a little bit, and You kinda enable me to understand it quite well already? So in a way, I don't have to go through so much "rubbish" in order to understand. So, thank You.

Kind of like a verse a friend mentioned today, from 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 – "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance