When my heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst


It’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once, and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst… And then I remember to relax, and not try to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.
– Lester Burnham, American Beauty (1999)

Wow. So well put.

Except that my life is not a "stupid little life". But yea I get that he means that in comparison to all that greatness and wonder, it's almost like we're so insignificantly small. But hey, all the more;

Despite our insignificance, He stooped down to make us great (Psalm 18:35).

Wow.

We live for a cause greater than ourselves.

Os Hillman writes,
...Many other Christians die never experiencing the freedom in Christ that His blood paid for. God has called each of us to live for a cause greater than ourselves - a life that is dependent on His grace and power to achieve things we never thought possible through our lives. This is His plan for your life. The apostle Paul prayed that He might experience the power of the resurrection in his life. This power is available to you and me to live for a cause greater than ourselves. Ask God what He wants to achieve through your life today. And consider yourself dead already to the consequences of what that might mean for you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance