Joy

Earlier this morning while reading The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence, I came across this,
a habitual, silent, and secret communion of the soul with God, which often causes me joys and raptures inwardly, and sometimes also outwardly, so great that I am forced to use means to moderate them and prevent their appearance to others.

which I proceeded to highlight and draw a ^.^ beside,
because, hehe, I know what that feels like.

It is a totally seemingly unexplainable ("seemingly", because well, I know it's from God) joy.
It is not dependent on the circumstances.

Like how last weekend I was uber stressed about my uncompleted essays, but I recall -
as I walked to and from the bus loop, before and after church, I just kept grinning.
I thought - I don't understand how I can be grinning (genuinely, with eyes too!)
when I have 5000 words x 2 essays to write and a presentation to boot,
but ahhh! Somehow, I'm just so glad!

It's funny.
Amidst a truckload of work (or what seems like it), one can still have joy.

Somehow. God-how.

You must experience it too, if you haven't already!
Because it is that awesome.

Abide in Him, and He will abide in You.
And along with Him comes joy, among other goodness.

^.^


--


"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." -John 15:9-10

"In your presence there is fullness of joy." -Psalm 16:11

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." -Luke 10:19-20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance