Francis Chan: Homeless and excited about it

Read this off Francis Chan's blog. In basics, he was a pastor of Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley till he quite recently stepped down as he believed God was calling him elsewhere; it is a walk of faith. Bold parts in the excerpt below are by yours truly.


Homeless and excited about it


Lisa and I have decided to sell our home. We have begun packing with no idea where we are going. Our family is leaving for Asia in October. The plan is to come back to America at the end of the year. However, we are setting ourselves up so that if we believe we are supposed to stay in Asia longer, we can. We also believe that God will make clear where we should settle down when and if the time comes. We both have times where we feel uneasy, but we are at peace. We are also happy to be living by faith again.

Something Lisa asked me the other night was very insightful. She asked, “Why do people think it is so strange that we don’t know what our next step is? It seems like there are many people who lived that way in Scripture. Why is it so unbelievable that He would lead us to do the same?” I have an awesome wife, and she makes a great point. For those who label us as “extreme” or “radical”, could it be that you’re not using scripture as your standard? After all, if you put my story in the pages of scripture, would I really stand out as a person who is radical, or one who played pretty safe?

God has shown our family over and over again that He walks with us. I can tell so many stories of His supernatural provision. My life is ridiculous. It’s all because of His grace. I love Him so much.

I was reading the other day about Joshua and Caleb. They were the only ones who believed God could deliver them. In Numbers 14:11, God makes the statement, “how long will they not believe in me, in spite of all the signs that I have done among them?” It was a great reminder to look back at all that God has done in my life if I ever encounter fear or uncertainty.

"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." Hebrews 11:6







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance