Divin' in

Reading a part in Oliphint and May’s “Things That Cannot Be Shaken”, about how God used messengers such as angels, prophets and people like Moses in the past. To not rely on and trust them was sinful because it showed lack of trust in God Himself.

It wasn’t just all “honour” though, “As appointed by God to serve him, they were also meant to be trusted with the tasks God had given them.”

It gave thought to how scary it can be.

To put all our hope and faith in God.

Are we even 100% sure that He is God? That there is heaven, which we will go to when we leave Earth?

They say, “Faith spells R-I-S-K.” True?

But once we decide to jump in, we can’t quite jump out of the rushing waters again, can we?

For me, I’ve decided - I’m in. Even in the midst of my questions and doubts, I’m in. There’s no getting out anymore. It’s like when Esther in the Bible said, before she met the king (judgement) said, “If I perish, I perish.” And I say that to – I’ve committed to this, I’m committed to this. This is what I’ve chosen. Let me “see it through” the whole way. If I perish, I perish.


I’m diving in, I’m going deep
In over my head I wanna be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow
In over my head I wanna go
The river’s deep, the river’s wide
The river’s water is alive
So sink or swim, I’m diving in
-Steven Curtis Chapman, “Dive”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance