From Singapore to Melbourne, to marriage


25 March 2013




So yes, you might have heard the news that Ian Loh and I are engaged! Following that, I will be migrating to Australia permanently from 7 April 2013, to the city of four seasons in a day (where Ian is based).

Bye Singapore and Singaporeans. I'm grateful for the friendships, community, and memories you've given me. I appreciate your public transport system, safe streets, crazy number of malls, and tropical weather to some extent, just to name a few. Guess where this photo was taken! It's near the church which I go to every week, and near where I went for art supplies as a design student.

Apologies that I can't meet many of you before leaving as I'm reserving time mostly for family and major packing. But, we'll keep in touch! I love Singapore enough to retain my citizenship, haha! And I do so appreciate whizzing through customs at Changi Airport – times when I am extra glad for our efficiency.

And, helloooo Melbournians! See ya soon!





2 June 2013




So. Yesterday was really fun and the ceremony is all over now, so quickly. This was us on the dancefloor. Thank you everybody who came, and those who made yesterday so smooth and memorable, and thank you all who have blessed us with your well wishes and life even if you weren't here.

It has only been a few hours of being married, but I can say that getting married is not "just a piece of paper". As Rev Grant said at the wedding, it is firstly the vows we make before God, and to the family and friends witnessing. And it is those vows to love forever and regardless, that will keep us, along with the aid of our witnesses.

I can only say one thing I know for now: As I lay to sleep after all the humdrum and excitement of the day, I thought- I feel... free. Yes, I felt FREE. And it feels good. Vows that free you rather than bind you. Commitment that you work to last. Promises we make that tell us who we are, who we choose to be, and will shape us as we strive to keep them, with God's help.

Thank you Ian Loh, for being my wonderful man, and for making this crazy bound-to-you-forever-no-matter-what vow, this I-will-choose-to-love-you-always vow, to me. We must be a little mad, but in a good way, in a way I am happy for. I am looking forward to infinity and beyond with you!

Yesterday? It was indeed the best day ever.


--
Dance floor photo credit to Aviel. Quote credit to Buzz Lightyear! 
These are three posts I had up on Facebook, leading up to today. Am posting them here because a blog makes a better log than Facebook. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance