Should we bring children to a dark world?

You know how some people say they don't want to bring kids into this world because the world is such a dark and gloomy place with wars and mistrust, and will only get worse? Well, I can understand their argument because it's true that there can be a lot to face in life, and hey, why let someone else go through the difficulties?

But I was just thinking – but, there are so many things in life to be experienced. The feeling of sorrowful betrayal but also long-standing loyalty, sadness but also unexplainable joy, loneliness but also overwhelming love. Friendship, family, accomplishments, satisfaction, discovering purpose, and even discovering yourself. So many things to experience.

I am reminded of Steven Curtis Chapman's song which goes,
But I've been shown the Saviour's love
The grace of God has raised me up
To show me things the angels long to look into
And I know things the angels only wish they knew

Yes, I think life is pretty great. Relative to those who grew up in poverty or had abusive parents, my life has been smooth sailing. Still, I have experienced negativeness like betrayal by a friend and lack of purpose. And yet still, yes, I believe that even those are things to be experienced – things that contribute to the "fullness" of the experience of life. Things that make us, grow us, show us more about the world and its people; things that perhaps you could say, complete our experience of life.

So, bringing kids to this world to experience all its goodness and otherwise? It depends on how you see life, I suppose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance