Premix love


I'm an average cook. In three years of university life away from home, my cooking philosophy was – as long as its edible. So I lived on three years of stir-fry.

Anything is stir-fry-able. Just start with chopped garlic and/or onion, add the harder ingredients then softer ones, season with salt, pepper, maybe some light/dark soya sauce or oyster sauce, and ta-dah! An edible dish. Those were the days I discovered the amazing Korean bulgogi sauce – just mix it in with any meat and it will taste oh-so-good. Also, seaweed seasoning. If your food is a tad tasteless, add some seaweed seasoning which is good on its own.

Now that I am a wife, that cooking philosophy has changed. After all, they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, right? Ha ha. Okay but really – I can't feed my husband stir-fry all the time! By the way, I'm cooking most days now more because I'm not working so it's not some male chauvinist thing alright.

It's a good thing my husband is not a fussy eater, so I can still get away with simple dishes. But I've expanded my cooking repertoire a little to add boiling, steaming, and using the convectional oven. Groceries also have more variety than the usual weekly one green veg, something of another colour, mushrooms (I'm a fan), and usually mince meat (the uni easy-cooking combo).

More recently, I've been trying out pre-mixes and boy, I do love them. It was tacos the other day. And today, it was Hainanese chicken rice from Singapore's very own Prima. It even came with the ginger, chilli, and correct dark sauce!

Premix makes for a satisfied husband and me. The tasty food also makes me seem like a better wife. Haha!

Ah. I love premix.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance