Zumbarons

Walking around South Yarra, we chanced upon Zumbo! 
Apparently it's a big thing, and since it wasn't crowded, we went in.



^ Zumbo in Melbourne, by Adriano Zumbo. Very shiny shimmery. ^




^ L and me! 
And a clean concrete floor to balance out the shiny-ness of the place. ^



^ There are no tables, but there are a few funky sofas in the place. ^
They aren't super pretty, but it's more of a fun thing. 



^ The bits are stretchy! I think it's foam inside. ^
Don't worry – I didn't pull too hard. 



^ So. The main point: The sweet stuff. ^



^ I got Secret Carrot's Business because the description sounded yum. ^

 It was: Carrot cake, cheese cake, cream cheese mousse, semi dried carrots, caramelised pecans. Does that not sound good? It had a tinge of ginger too.



^ However, the packaging was... a bit disappointing. ^

I wasn't consciously expecting anything fancy. But when I saw this I was like, eh? For somewhere fancy like that? La Belle Miette's packaging is much nicer. You have to pay for La Belle's but they aren't very expensive and quite worth it. 

Maybe Zumbo's is going for fun (vs La Belle's classy) as seen in their decor. But I'll argue it could have been reflected better in the packaging. But anyway. I suppose it doesn't matter thaaat much because it's really about the sweet treats. So next up...


^ Macarons! Or, zumbarons. ^ 
I think it's what they are supposed to be famous for.



^ So I bought two – salted butter popcorn and pandan sticky rice. ^

The middle part is a bit fatter than the usual. I think that was what made it really sweet. The pandan sticky rice was alright. But the salted butter popcorn was like, wheeee! And by that, I mean very good. And I'm not even a fan of salted butter popcorn flavoured things other than salted butter popcorn itself.

Sweetness overload today!

The end of a mini yum tour : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance