Over and over and over again; but never the same

Sometimes it seems like I'm learning the same lessons I did as a teenager. Just last month I journaled about needing to be more disciplined, and realised that I've been journalling that since I was a teen.

I suppose sometimes it's the same lesson, but in a different context which require a different skill to be learnt. When I asked for discipline as a teen, it was when I had lots to do and needed discipline to finish my homework and read the Bible daily. Now when I ask for discipline, it is in the context of having a lot of time but not a lot of things to do. The discipline I need is one to, yes do the work I have, but also, to be patient and to search for opportunities to make good use of my time.

There are lessons that will be lifelong, but we can be assured that as long as we learnt at least something from them, the next "same lesson" will not be exactly the same, and we will always be growing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance