Annie Snels

We're currently moving house and in the bid to get rid of furniture, we posted some on gumtree. The very night I posted up our furniture, I got an sms expressing interest and to email the person back. So fast! We were so excited. I emailed the person, and got this back:


Ian read it and said, you know what? This could be phishing – asking for your account details and address, and not wanting to meet in person. I was like, huhhhh? So we decided not to reply first. Later, I googled "Annie Snels New Zealand Oil and Gas" to see if there was personal information so I could figure if this person was legitimate or not. And guess what I found?


Lo and behold! Ha. Apparently whoever's behind this has been using this Annie Snels persona quite a few times. You can see the details here – always the same story. So interesting right... my first experience with phishing. Don't get scammed when you sell things online!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance