Zoom Zoom! The Mazda MX5


Soooo yesterday, e got the chance to test drive the Mazda MX5 – which won Wheels Magazine 2016 Car of the Year – and we made the most of it! 

We planned a date all the way to Mornington Peninsula. About an hour from home, it's not actually that far, but for a weekday evening , it's considered pretty far. For the drive there in the convertible, we had the top down which was pretty cool (and a little cold, heh), plus we let some jazz tunes ring to match the feel. E was gushing about the specs and the way the car handled. 

At Mornington Peninsular we had dinner at The Rocks, which was a little fancy. We aren't ones to make something special about 14th February but since we had that car and were driving all the way there, we thought we'd dinner at a nice place. Loved the view there, on the second storey overlooking the ocean and it's colourful boats. As it turned dark, the pier lit up and the houses across the water were really pretty with their orange lights turned on too. Best dish was the King Salmon Sashimi, blowtorched with chilli mayo and with soy sauce dressing. Mm mm!






After that since I was craving a good New York cheesecake from a few days back, we decided to drive to Brunetti in Carlton (ie, past our house) for one single cheesecake – which was really good – before heading back home. 


All in all it was a good drive, I'm happy my husband was happy, and I quite liked the Mazda MX5. I had a short go at driving it to dinner nearby today and wasn't too comfortable because I had not yet gotten a good sense of the size of the car and I felt too short – the wheel was blocking part of my vision because it was low. But still, glad I got to try it out! And, I'm happy being in the passenger seat!

Comments

chinz said…
I want! The food I mean...
overfluo said…
Actually, just the salmon was very impressive la. The rest was nice, but not that amazing to drive an hour for. But ya you come, I take you to eat nice food.

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance