Billy Graham Quotes – Part 1

7 years ago I bought the book Ask Billy Graham: The World's Best-Loved Preacher Answers Your Most Important Questions, compiled by Bill Adler. To me, "Billy Graham" was a famous name and a well-known Christian and evangelist who held massive crusades and saw many come to Christ.

He has been voted one of Gallup's Top Ten Most Respected Americans 50 times, consulted and prayed with presidents and other world leaders, spoken to 215 million people at his crusades and well, you can read more here.

When I first read the book, I wrote this note which I stuck in it:
The basic of the quotes are:
• The human heart never changes
• Only God can bring change
• God loves you
 Billy Graham always chooses to talk about Jesus. He is wise in his answers. He chooses not to answer some. He doesn't criticise, in general, except where it matters, showing love. He has hope. He firmly, surely believes in the power of the Gospel for everyone who believes.


I recently picked up the book again; here are excerpts:

"Sometimes I fear that our message is in danger of being diluted. Somewhere along the line we have lost the authority and the cutting edge of our message... The world looks at us [evangelists] and they see the same way of living, the same motives, the same petty jealousies that characterize the world, or they see where leaders have yielded to the temptations of money, lust or power, and they see little reason to believe our message can really change their lives. That is why there must be renewal within before there can be witness without to a restless and depraved world." –Los Angeles Times, 1987

"I am convinced the greatest act of love we can ever perform for another person is to tell them about God's love for them in Christ." –United Press International, 1981

"I think I'm just a sinner saved by the grace of God." –Religion News Service, 2004

"I hated it... leaving my children. But it was my call from God. It took precedence over everything. It still does. I trust the Lord that Ruth [his wife] would raise them right." –Sun-Sentinel, 1993

"I have a remarkable wife who has dedicated her life to being my helpmate. We decided that she would raise the family, and I would go and preach the Gospel." –Orlando Sentinel, 1996

Billy Graham's response when asked by a cynic how he knew God existed: "Well, that's an easy one... because I spoke with him this morning." –Herald Express, 2006

"Living with integrity means rediscovering our direction in life, not just increasing our speed. Integrity permeates the fabric of a person, rather than just decorating the surface." –PR Newswire, 1994

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tupperware never looked so cool

Weekend at Lakes Entrance